The team at Adaptis Limited is committed to protecting your personal information when you are using Adaptis Limited’s (“we”, “our”, “us”, the “data controller”) services.
In order to provide you with the full range of services, we are sometimes required to collect and process information about you, for example if you book a training programme with us.
Whenever you provide such information, we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all laws concerning the protection of personal information, including the Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. By visiting this website and proceeding, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of GDPR (the “Act”) or any subsequent or relevant legislation, we are the “data controller”.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us
You may give us information about you by filling in forms online, in physical premises or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you book a training programme or use social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion, and when you report a problem with our site to us.
Information we collect about you
When you visit our website, we may automatically collect the following information:
• Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
• Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); items you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call us.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
The information you give to us
• We will use this information: to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, and to provide you with the information, services that you request from us;
• To provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
• If relevant, to provide you, with information about services we feel may interest you. Subject to your consent. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please inform us.
Information we collect about you
• We will use this information: to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
• As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
• To measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
• To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about products or services that may interest you or them.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with selected third parties including analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
These third parties have been carefully chosen, and all of them comply with the legislation, and include currently:
Why we process your personal data
The data requested from you throughout the course of the use of the website will be necessary in the interest of registering the information you provide when you register to receive a training programme, or use social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, sign-up for events and when you report a problem with our site to us.
The basis of processing for each use of the website varies. Generally, use of our website is based on legitimate interest.
Legitimate interest is registering to receive a training programme, or using social media functions on our site, entering a competition, promotion or survey, sign-up for events, and when you report a problem with our site.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How long we store your personal data
When use of the website is based on:
• Legitimate interest – we will hold the data until such a time that it is no longer in your interest that we hold your data. This can include but is not limited to at the point of resolution of your enquiry or feedback.
• Consent – we will check with you regularly that you still want to receive our communications. We will take inaction as confirmation that you no longer want to receive our communications.
• Contract – we will hold the data in line with HMRC requirements of seven years plus the current year we’re in.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third-party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us.
You have the right to object to us processing your data where we are doing so on the basis of legitimate interest, however it may mean that we are unable to provide the service you are requesting. You may restrict our processing of your data (for instance not receive marketing communications) if the information we hold on you is incorrect, with the right to have this corrected at any time. You can do this by contacting us.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by us (where such data is held).
You have the right to update or amend the personal data we have collected about you if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
You have the right to erase, restrict the processing of or withdraw any consents relating to, the personal data we have collected about you.
You have the right to have your data removed from our systems at any time by contacting us. This will only be done in as far as possible if we are no longer required to retain the information for instance for financial records, or under legal obligation.
Connecting to third-party services including social networks
Our offering may contain links to third-party apps, services, tools and websites that are not affiliated with, controlled or managed by us (including LinkedIn) and these services and links may also include social networking features (such as the LinkedIn “Like” button and widgets, “Share” buttons, and other interactive mini-programs).
Additionally, you may choose to use your own social networking logins to log into some of our services. If you choose to connect using a social networking or similar service, we may receive and store authentication information from that service to enable you to log in and other information that you may choose to share when you connect with these services.
These services may collect information, such as the web pages you visited and IP addresses, and may set cookies to enable features to function properly. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by these third parties.
You should review the privacy statements or policies applicable to the third-party services you connect to, use or access as the privacy practices of these third parties will be governed by their own privacy statements. If you do not want your personal information shared with your social media account provider or other users of the social media service, please do not connect your social media account with your account for the services we provide and do not participate in social sharing.
Our website may place and access certain cookies on your computer. We use these cookies to improve your experience of using the website. We have carefully chosen these cookies and have taken steps to ensure that your privacy is protected and respected at all times.
Cookies allow us to identify the computer or device you’re using to access our websites. They do not allow us to identify you personally.
You can set up your web browser to disable cookies, but this website may then fail to operate correctly, so please be aware of this.
By default, most internet browsers accept cookies, but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
The cookies we may use on our website are used in accordance with current UK and EU cookie law.
This website may place the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website.
Analytical/performance cookies: They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
You can choose to delete cookies at any time, however this website may then fail to operate correctly, so please be aware of this.
It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
You can learn more about cookies at the following third-party websites:
Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/
Changes in business ownership and control
We may also disclose data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. You can do this by contacting us.
You also have the right to have any data we hold transferred to a third-party at your request, if that data is held on the basis of consent or contract. Please use the link above to contact us to do this.
We will report any unlawful data breach from this website or the database(s) of any of our third-party data processors to any and all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen.
To contact us
92 Albert Embankment
London SE1 7TY
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office https://ico.org.uk/